Official Return Policy
A valid receipt is required for all textbook returns and exchanges. Books must be in the same condition as when purchased. Returns are accepted three days after the date of purchase on the receipt. The return period for textbooks ends on the last day of the add/drop period.
Textbooks and inactivated eBooks purchased may be returned for a full refund within three days of purchase or in-store pick up during the return period only.
All returns that are due to dropping a class may be returned through the last day of the add/drop period, when accompanied by add/drop documentation. Returns must be in original condition as received. Shrink wrap must be intact and software access codes cannot be revealed. Special orders and activated eBooks are non-returnable. A restocking fee, up to 50%, may apply in certain cases.
- A valid cash register receipt must accompany all textbook returns.
- NEW textbooks must be in original purchase condition.
- Do not write in any textbook until you are certain there is no need for a return.
- Refunds will be given in original form of payment.
- Sale items and special-order books are not returnable.
- Textbooks are not returnable if shrink-wrap is broken or discs are used or missing.
- Course packets, CDs and Electronic Media are non-returnable.
General Merchandise Returns
Merchandise exchanges and refunds may be requested within thirty days of purchase with the original receipt. Merchandise must be in new, unworn and resalable condition, unless defective, with the original tags attached. Shipping and handling charges and return mail charges are not refundable.
- Refunds will only be issued in the original form of payment. You must have the credit/debit card used for the original transaction at the time of return; otherwise, a store credit will be issued. There is a seven (7) day waiting period for refunds on transactions paid by check to receive a cash refund or store credit will be issued.
- Merchandise purchased with gift certificates, store credit or returned with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a store credit.
- Gift Certificates are non-refundable. They cannot be replaced if lost, damaged or stolen. Gift Certificates cannot be redeemed for purchases made through Computer Sales.
- Merchandise purchased with a university oracle string or ‘P’ card will be refunded to the same university account that made the original purchase; otherwise, store credit will be issued.
- Merchandise purchased through our website maybe exchanged or returned in person or by mail, in accordance with this return policy. Shipping and handling fees are not refundable.
The following merchandise is not returnable: course packets, CDs, electronic media, electronic appliances, trade books, special order books, calculators, headphones, batteries, newspapers, greeting cards, pad holders, special order apparel & gift items, balsa wood and building materials. Clearance sales are final, with the exception of size exchanges for identical merchandise. Merchandise sold exclusively at special events, outdoor sales, etc. may be non-returnable. Signage will be present.
Web Order Return Process
If your item was damaged during shipping, please email or call us at 412-268-1032 as soon as possible so that we can work with you to resolve the issue quickly.
Before You Return a Product
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your intention to return an item(s) from your order. Include your order number, located on the packing slip included in your order.
To qualify, all returns and exchanges must be accompanied by the original receipt or gift receipt, the original documentation, instruction manuals, registration, parts and components (including cables, controllers, and accessories) and the original manufacturer packaging. Failure to include such items may prevent or delay your refund or exchange. All clothing must have the original tags attached and must be unworn and in resalable condition.
Return & Exchange Process:
Please note on the OUTSIDE of the package WEB ORDER RETURN- CLOTHING & GIFTS and your WEB ORDER #.
Place a copy of of the original packing slip inside the box and indicate one of the following options:
- Return the item
- Exchange the item for a different size (Please note size – If we are unable to fulfill your request, you will be contacted by a sales associate.)
- Exchange the item for a different item (Please note the item number and size if possible).
Once the original merchandise is received, we will process your return request. Any price difference will be billed to the credit card used for the original order & no additional shipping fees will apply. If there are any problems we will contact you by the phone number or e-mail address listed on your original order.
Please note: Returns may require 2-4 weeks for processing.
Computer Sales Return Policy
Merchandise returns must take place within five business days (5 days) of the original purchase and must be accompanied by the sales receipt. The return price will be the purchase price, minus a 15% restocking fee. Products without a receipt will not be returned.
We will not accept a return on open computers, monitors, iPods (all models), iPads and iPad mini (all models), ink cartridges or toner, batteries, power supplies, software or printers for any reason. Please check the version, platform and name of the product before you open any of these items. Defective upon purchase or DOA products will be handled according to the Manufacturer’s Return/Exchange Policy. Please consult your product registration and warranty information.
Returns on Special Orders
A Special Order is an order for product placed per the user's specifications and is not normally stocked. All special orders must be prepaid, in full, and are non-refundable.
Since we cannot take a deposit from a Department, Departmental Special Orders cannot be cancelled once any cost has been incurred by the Store unless the Department is willing to cover the incurred costs. Such costs may include the following: Staff time, shipping expenses, manufacturer’s restocking fees, etc. Departmental Special Orders must also be made in person at the Store or by email through Store personnel.
We reserve the right to refuse any return.
There will be a minimum charge for service including estimates. It is hereby understood and agreed by and between Computer Sales & Repair and the customer that it is the responsibility of the customer to do backups of all data entered into or stored with in any of the equipment for which repair service has or is to be performed by Repair, unless data migration or recovery is part of the service requested.
You hereby release Repair and hold us harmless from any and all liability of any nature whatsoever with regard to the service provided.